Oyster Factory Park
|Other Link||Learn more about Oyster Factory Park|
- Boat ramp access to the May River
- Fire/oyster roast pit
- Open-air pavilion
- Picnic tables
- View of the May River
Application packets, contracts, and certificates of insurance can be emailed to:
Special Events Manager
**Please call (843) 540-1662 for additional details.
East of Wharf Street Fee Schedule
- Full day: $300 per day
- Less than a full day (6 hour reservation: 1 hour set-up, 4-hour event, 1-hour clean up): $150 per 4-hour block
- Full day (non-profit): $150 per day
- Less than a full day (non-profit) (6 hour reservation: 1 hour set-up, 4-hour event, 1-hour clean up): $75 per 4-hour block
- Security deposit: $100 per rental
West of Wharf Street Fee Schedule
- Full day: $100 per day
- Less than a full day (6 hour reservation: 1 hour set-up, 4-hour event, 1-hour clean up): $50 per 4-hour block
- Full day (non-profit): $50 per day
- Less than a full day (non-profit) (6 hour reservation: 1 hour set-up, 4-hour event, 1-hour clean up): $25 per 4-hour block
- Security deposit: $100 per rental
- The Town Manager or designee may waive any or all of the fees if it is deemed in the best interests of the Town of Bluffton.
- All fees will be collected at the Customer Service Center at Town Hall or paid on the Citizen Self Service portal (CSS)
- Security deposit may be refunded provided the park, facilities, and equipment are clean and returned to the condition that existed prior to the rental.
- A full refund of the rental fee and security deposit will be granted with cancellation notice at least 48-hours prior to the scheduled rental start or if an event is rained out and the park not utilized.
- Upon approval of a facility rental request, the reservation request fee shall be applied towards the applicable facility rental fees.
- Park open sunrise to sunset, unless an events permit has been issued.
- A 4-hour rental provides four hours for the function as well as one hour for set up and one hour for cleanup for a total reservation block of six hours.
- A full day rental provides use of the facility from 7 am to 10 pm with renters exiting the facility no later than 11 pm
- Boat Ramp open 24 hours a day
- No obstructing the use of the boat ramp area.
- No open fires without an events permit. Pallets are not allowed as burning material.
- No grilling underneath the pavilion.
- No open alcoholic beverage container without an events permit.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in park area west of Wharf Street.
- No electrical outlets are provided in park area west of Wharf Street. Renters must provide their own generator for electrically powered items.
- Motorized vehicles and parking allowed only in designated areas.
- Vehicles, trailers, or boats stored more than 24 hours are subject to removal.
- Pets must be under control at all times. Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in pet waste containers.
- No weapons
- No solicitation
- Any tents over 400 square feet are required to have a tent permit from the Town of Bluffton and applications must be submitted 10 days in advance of tent set up.
- Tent stakes shall not be installed and/or placed near the irrigation sprinklers or lines.
- Extinguishment of fire/embers by 10 pm and replacement of cover at the end of the function is required if the fire pit is utilized.
- Clean up and trash removal by disposing bagged garbage in the green Waste Management rolling garbage cans or taking and disposing properly offsite is required after the rental.
- Wharf Street must remain open for boats and citizens to access the May River.
- Event holders and attendees cannot park vehicles in boat/trailer parking spaces.
- The key for the gate lock will be picked up at Town Hall the day prior to the event. If your event falls on a weekend you will pick up the key on Friday before noon.
- The key will be returned to Town Hall no later than close of business on the next business day following the event.
- Renter agrees to close and lock the security gate padlock on the gate located east of Wharf Street at the end of the event.
- Loss of key will result in an extra charge pursuant to the Town’s current Master Fee Schedule.
- No trailers and/or vehicles of any kind allowed in West Side of park. Renters will need to carry any items.
- The Town of Bluffton reserves the right to cancel any rental contract in the case of facility abuse.
- The Town of Bluffton reserves the right to cancel any rental contract due to extreme weather conditions, natural or man created disasters
- Special Events application may be required depending on the type of event.
- Renter shall clean and return the facility in good condition. Failure to do so will result in loss of security deposit.
- All scheduled events must comply with the noise limits as outlined in the Town of Bluffton Noise Ordinance.
- The use of charcoal for cooking or grilling is prohibited.
- If there will be cooking and/or tents utilized at the facility, adherence the following is required prior to opening:
- Cooking tents shall be separated by a minimum of 20 feet.
- At least one 2A:10B:C fire extinguisher which must have been serviced with in the past 12 months.
- If a fryer is present, at least one Class K fire extinguisher which must have been serviced with in the past 12 months.
- Non-collapsible metal tables for all cooking devices, including fryers and grills.
- Grills and fryers located so they vent outside tents.
- Cooking and serving devices, including grills, fryers, pizza servers, and warming trays, located away from and out of reach of patrons.
- Idle propane gas containers stored off site.
- Propane tanks shall be located outside and a minimum 10 feet away from tents and cooking devices.
- Propane gas containers must be secured. Chain, strapping or other approved device must be used (Note: Do not secure them to the tent)
- A safe and adequate means of egress (entrance/exit) for vendors and their employees (at least 32 inches wide).
- When placing 10 by 10 pop-up canopies, the aggregate area of multiple canopies placed side by side without a fire break clearance of not less than 12 feet shall not exceed 700 square feet total.
- A 12 foot clearance shall be required when events take place on streets.
- Restroom facilities
- IBC 1109.2(3) states
Wherever single user toilet rooms are clustered at a single location, at least 50% but not less than one room for each use at each cluster shall be accessible.
- Renters are required to provide portable rest room facilities unless it can be substantiated that the sufficient availability of both Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible and not-accessible facilities in the immediate area of the event site which will be available to the general public during your event. The Town follows Beaufort County with the recommendations of one portable toilet for every 250 people or portion thereof who attend your event. 10% of these facilities should be ADA accessible. This figure is based upon the maximum number of attendees at your event during peak time.
- The Town may determine the total number of required rest room facilities on a case-by-case basis.
- IBC 1109.2(3) states
- Bounce houses are prohibited at Oyster Factory Park.
- In case of emergency call 911.
- The Town of Bluffton Police Department has jurisdiction over Oyster Factory Park.
- In case of a problem with the facility, contact the on-call Public Works employee.