The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), generally provides that any person has the right to request access to agency records or information except to the extent the records are protected from disclosure by any of nine exemptions contained in the law or by one of three special law enforcement record exclusions.
- Classified information for national defense or foreign policy
- Internal personnel rules and practices
- Information that is exempt under other laws
- Trade secrets and confidential business information
- Inter-agency or intra-agency memoranda or letters that are protected by legal privileges
- Personnel and medical files
- Law enforcement records or information
- Information concerning bank supervision
- Geological and geophysical information
To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request of the Town of Bluffton, please click HERE.