SERVE WITH PRIDE. LIVE WITH HONOR.
The Bluffton Police Department in South Carolina is hiring. This is your opportunity to work in a community that values your service.
A recruitment event is scheduled for January 23, 2021 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Learn more about the department, as well as the community at this event. Also, participate in the physical agility test, written exam and oral board.
INTERESTED? Apply online at townofbluffton.sc.gov and we’ll see you on January 23.
Applicants must meet all requirements for employment consideration:
• At least 21 years of age
• At least a high school diploma or GED
• A valid driver's license
• No convictions: felony, misdemeanor crimes, crimes of moral turpitude or of domestic violence
• Clean driving history with no DUI or DUS convictions in the past 10 years and minimum convictions for speeding
• Good credit history: No judgments, liens, or recent bankruptcy
• Successfully pass the police officer entry level exam and agility/physical test
• Successfully pass background investigation
• Successfully pass oral interview
o No Experience: $44,182.32
• 457K and 401K retirement plan
• Deferred compensation plan
• Medical and dental coverage plans
• Basic life insurance/optional life insurance
• All uniforms and equipment
• Paid basic academy training
• Paid leave accrued each pay period
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Lateral transfers are accepted