Bluffton’s Town Council will host three public hearings within the August 11 Town Council meeting which gives residents an opportunity to comment on proposed amendments to the Town of Bluffton Code of Ordinances which includes:
- Proposed amendments to the Official Construction Code related to Construction Site Maintenance and Site Preparation for Severe Weather Events;
- An amendment to the Belfair Planned Unit Development Text to amend proposed uses to add the use “Animal Hospital or Clinic” to the list of permitted uses within the Neighborhood Commercial Portion of the Concept Plan;
- Proposed amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance, related to Article 5 Design Standards, General Standards Related to Historic District Architectural Design and Lot Sizes.
Town Council meetings are still being held virtually via ZOOM, therefore there are special instructions to participate in the three public hearings for these specific agenda items.
If residents want to comment on these three agenda items:
- Please contact Town Clerk Kim Chapman at (email) email@example.com or 843.706.4505 and let her know which public hearing(s) you wish to speak.
- Chapman will give you the phone number and passcode, so residents are able be a part of the ZOOM meeting to voice their opinions regarding these two topics.
- REQUIRED: Please notify Chapman at least two hours before the August 11/6 p.m. meeting
If residents want to voice their opinions about any other agenda item or a non-agenda item, those comments will be expressed during the public comment sections of the Town Council meetings. Those public comments need to be submitted electronically via https://www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/FormCenter/Town-15/Public-Comment-60
Per protocol during virtual meetings, those comments will be read aloud by the Town Clerk during the Town Council meeting.
All requests for public comment will be accepted up to (2) hours prior to the scheduled meeting start time which is 6 p.m., Tuesday, August 11.
Any questions about either the public hearings or the public comments sections, please contact Town Clerk Kim Chapman.