The National Weather Service has issued a TROPICAL STORM WARNING for our area. This means tropical-storm force winds are expected sometime within the next 36 hours, as well as significant amounts of rain.
In preparation, please see the following:
- Turn off any well water being pumped into man-made lagoons
- Lower lagoons if possible
- If a contractor, ensure site locations are secure by taking preventative measures to ensure sites are free of equipment, materials and debris
- Clear storm drains of debris
- Trim dead, loose or overgrown trees and/or shrubs as limbs can be potential flying debris
- Secure loose articles (outdoor furniture, potted plants or decor items) - Turn off irrigation systems
- Other necessary precautions to ensure the safety of you and your neighbors
The Town’s Emergency Management Division continues to monitor this storm system and will update as needed.