Click here to visit our CIP story map.
we are updating our cip story map. please check back soon.
The CIP Projects Division’s Mission is to provide quality, competent, and comprehensive project & program management services to the Town and its residents in a safe, responsible, and cost-effective manner. The Division’s goals and objectives are to:
- Perform sound technical and fiscal management of all projects in the Town's Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and other initiatives as assigned;
- Ensure our contracting and purchasing activities are in compliance with the Town's Purchasing Ordinance, other applicable regulations, and requirements of specific revenue sources;
- Support development and implementation of the Town's transportation agenda, plans, and policies;
- Improve communication with key third-party stakeholders such as SCDOT, DHEC, BJWSA, Beaufort County, SCE&G, Palmetto Electric, Hargray and others; and to
- Provide support to all Town departments as needed in the areas of procurement, contracts, grants, outreach, land acquisition, and project implementation.
The Division is responsible for the Town’s Capital Improvement Program, contract administration, construction management and inspections, and the transportation & pedestrian safety of our Town residents. C.I.P. staff functions with regard to the implementation of Capital Improvement Projects include: surveying, developing conceptual alignment, studies, preliminary and final design, preparation of construction plans and specifications, acquisition of right-of-way, bidding of work and management of construction activities.